About the Ride
Participating riders have the option of cycling the traditional 65-mile route from the base of The Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia to Atlantic City, or a 30-mile course from Hammonton, NJ to Atlantic City.
All routes will end at the finish line at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City. Riders are greeted by friends and family, volunteers, and supporters at the outdoor parking lot at The Showboat Hotel to celebrate their amazing physical accomplishment and raise additional funds.
In addition to the registration fee, ALL 65 or 30-mile riders are required to raise an additional $250 to participate.
The Ben to The Shore also offers a virtual option called “What’s Your 65?”, where participants can raise money doing 65 of anything – eating 65 donuts, picking up 65 pieces of trash in your neighborhood, or playing 65 rounds of Pickle Ball… The options are endless.
You can participate in the “What’s Your 65?” option for a $30 registration fee, plus $100 in donations to receive your t-shirt & medal in the mail for the virtual event.
65 Mile Ride from Philadelphia to Atlantic City (link to Route PDF)
Start Time - 7am
End Time - 3pm
65-Mile Classic Route Information:
Our 65-mile route starts at 6th and Race Streets in Center City Philadelphia and ends at the Showboat in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Starting promptly at 7am, riders make their way over the Ben Franklin Bridge then continue through the back roads of scenic South Jersey all the way to Atlantic City. The starting line takes place outside of the Philadelphia Police Headquarters on Race Street spanning from 6th Street to 8th Street. This is a great place for riders to meet up with their teams, catch up with friends, and take photos with our event banner and iconic "A Friend" statue, which shows an officer holding a child.
We recommend arriving no later than 6:30am and having a friend drop you off, riding your bike in, or taking public transportation. There is metered street parking or there are plenty of lots where you can pay for parking. Most, but not all, street parking is free on Sunday. Please read all signs where you park, as some streets are not free and have time limits. Click here for a list of nearby parking garages.
30 Mile Ride from Hammonton, NJ to Atlantic City (link to Route PDF)
Start Time - 8:30am
End Time: 3pm
30-Mile Route Information:
Our 30-mile route starts at the Kathedral Event Center in Hammonton, NJ, and ends at the Showboat in Atlantic City. Starting at approximately 8:30-8:45am, riders make their way through the scenic back roads of Hammonton, Egg Harbor City, and Galloway, all the way to Atlantic City. Riders should arrive no later than 8am. Riders will be released at the discretion of the Route Safety Director around 8:30-8:45am. There is plenty of free parking in the parking lot and ample space for rider drop-off. Riders are allowed to leave their cars parked overnight on Sunday but they must be moved on Monday.
Route & Timing:
All riders must be off the roads by 1:30pm. If you are still on the roads at 1:30pm, a support vehicle will pick up you and your bike and drive you to the finish line. The time chart below will help you successfully complete the ride. The chart is based on a 12 mph rider speed and allows for a 10 minute break at each rest stop.
There are four (4) rest stops throughout the 65-mile route of The Ben to The Shore. We encourage riders to utilize all four rest stops. Water, Gatorade, fruit and snacks are provided at all rest stops; as well as first aid, bike support and support vehicles.
REST STOP #1
FOP Lodge 56
235 Pine Avenue
West Berlin, NJ 08091
REST STOP #2
Kathedral Event Center
499 S. Egg Harbor Road
Hammonton, NJ 08037
REST STOP #3
Key Rec Field
701 S. Chicago Road
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215
REST STOP #4
Galloway Municipal Complex
300 E. Jimmie Leeds Road
Galloway, NJ 08205
Additional Information About the Event:
- Rider Return transportation is available back to both start points for $25 and must be purchased on our website before July 10, 2024.
- Bike return transportation is complimentary however, we are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property.
- There are four (4) rest stops along the route. Each of them includes food, refreshments, first aid stations, and bike support.
- Bike and medical support will be constantly roving the route should you need assistance.
- The finish line is at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, where riders, volunteers, friends and family are welcomed to an outdoor party including food, drinks, music and prizes.
- Riders and volunteers are free to enter the After Party.
- Friends and family can enter with a $20 donation.
- We offer a special hotel rate at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, visit the Hotel Accommodations tab to book your room.
- Volunteers are needed for all aspects of the ride and can sign up by emailing email@example.com